Frequently Asked Questions
Look and see if we can answer your questions. If not no problem just give us a call.
How long does the delivery take?
- The delivery of your product usually takes between 3 to 5 working days from date of order and payment.
Is it safe to buy online from Buy Aircon?
- It is 100% safe because Buy aircon uses PayFast as our transacting platform. PayFast is used by all major online stores.
What size Air Conditioner do I need for my bedroom?
- In general you need 500btu for every square metre. You can round your btu capacity to the nearest sizes. We have the folowing SABS Approved sizes: 9000btu [18m2 or less], 12000btu [19-24m2 ], 18000btu [25-36m2], 24000btu [37-48m2].
Where are you based?
- Our head office is based in Montague Gardens, Cape Town, and we have our own warehouses there. We have a smaller branch in Johannesburg but we deliver free of charge across the country.
Why should I buy from you?
We're a 100% South Africa-owned and operated business, with our own warehouses. We will match the advertised price for any brand new in-stock aircons that includes delivery (terms and conditions apply). Our Customer Support Team is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year - via phone, email. We only sell brand new products, still in their original boxes, complete with manufacturer's warranty - no second-hand goods or factory seconds.
Can you supply Air conditioners for commercial projects?
How can I contact you?
- Call us on 087 813 0492 - our team is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Or email us : email@example.com
Where are your products made?
- We don't manufacture products ourselves at Buy aircon - we're an accredited retailer of top international leading brands.
What is the noise rating/decibel rating of your products?
- Unfortunately there is no industry standard for testing noise or decibel ratings - each manufacturer conducts its own tests under different conditions. Wherever possible, we provide the manufacturer's information, or you can download manufacturers brochure with specs to help you make the decision.
The item I want is out of stock! What are my options?
- Upon request, we can provide an approximate lead time for when the item will become available in our warehouse again. This varies by manufacturer and could be anything from a few days to several weeks. This means that you have the option to order the product now and wait for it to arrive, whereupon it will be delivered to you straight away, or wait until the item is back in stock before making a purchase.
Do your products come with a full Manufacturer's Warranty?
- Yes, all of the products sold by Buy aircon come with a full Manufacturer's Warranty. The aircon need to be installed by accredited installers and serviced regularly, once a year is enough depending on usage.
I've seen one of your products for cheaper elsewhere - do you price match?
- Yes we do! Buy aircon has a Best Price Guarantee, which means we will match any advertised price for a brand new, identical, in-stock (including delivery and any other costs).
What is the benefit of price-matching with Buy aircon?
By making your purchase with Buy aircon instead of another retailer, you get all the benefits of shopping with us in addition to a great deal, including: free delivery to most metropolitan areas and many regional centres; optional removal of old appliances you're replacing, and; 24/7 customer support.
Can you install my Air Conditioner in Cape Town?
- Yes we can! Buy aircon has approved installers all over South Africa. So we can literally install your air conditioner anywhere in South Africa.
Can I return my purchase?
- Absolutely! As long as the product has not been opened and the packaging is in its original condition, please read our return policy.
How competitive are Buy aircon’s prices?
- Buy aircon is by far the cheapest in South Africa! We are are so confident that if you can get the same product cheaper just let us know!